AsmBB

Power
Login Register

How to delete 1 thread and all of it posts?

#16102 (ツ) ganuonglachanh
Created 07.04.2020, read: 5509 times

I can't delete a thread and all it's post? :-P Did I miss something?

#16103 (ツ) johnfound
Last edited: 08.04.2020 by johnfound, read: 5503 times
ganuonglachanh

I can't delete a thread and all it's post? :-P Did I miss something?

Well, you can delete a thread, but this is kind of risky operation, because there is no such operation in the UI. And this was made on purpose. Because one of the main ideas in AsmBB is to limit the power of the administrators and moderators and give the visitors some more freedom to self-organize.

Of course the administrator can do everything with the database, but my intention was to make some things not so easy.

So, you can delete a thread and all it's posts only from the SQLite console:

delete from threads where id = %THREADID%;

Or respectively:

delete from threads where slug = "%VERY_BAD_THREAD_SLUG%";

But, well, deleting from the database is kind of risky operation. Are you ready to delete all your database by typing one wrong word? ;-)

#16104 (ツ) ganuonglachanh
Last edited: 08.04.2020 by johnfound, read: 5496 times
johnfound

Well, you can delete a thread, but this is kind of risky operation, because there is no such operation in the UI. And this was made on purpose. Because one of the main ideas in AsmBB is to limit the power of the administrators and moderators and give the visitors some more freedom to self-organize.

Of course the administrator can do everything with the database, but my intention was to make some things not so easy.

So, you can delete a thread and all it's posts only from the SQLite console:

delete from threads where id = %THREADID%;

Or respectively:

delete from threads where slug = "%VERY_BAD_THREAD_SLUG%";

But, well, deleting from the database is kind of risky operation. Are you ready to delete all your database by typing one wrong word? ;-)

Thank you johnfound, I'm looking for a quick way to clean my test Database. In production, we need to do it more and more carefully rofl

#16203 (ツ) kari
Last edited: 05.11.2020 by kari, read: 4796 times

Johnfound if i have 200 spam threads per day on my board i have to type your command 200 times to delete them?The remove threads button in UI is a most for admins. And please make a importer from wordpress , vbulletin ,xenforo ,is a good way to make your board grow up fast. If a had a importer from wordpress ill switch to asm board instantly ;-). Have nice day.

#16222 (ツ) majorlabi
Created 15.03.2021, read: 4348 times
kari

The remove threads button in UI is a most for admins.

True, without that we can't control bots and users that uses their account for advertising purposes only. Hoping @johnfound will consider this in the future.

#16228 (ツ) johnfound
Last edited: 28.02.2022 by johnfound, read: 2665 times
majorlabi
kari

The remove threads button in UI is a most for admins.

True, without that we can't control bots and users that uses their account for advertising purposes only. Hoping @johnfound will consider this in the future.

Well, IMHO, handling massive database operations by SQL requests is much faster than clicking on buttons in the UI. But yes, much dangerous as well.

Although, early or later I will create such admin tools.

But to control bots and malicious users, another kind of control is needed and such control is already here in the latest dev versions of the engine.

I have just updated the engine with the latest features. Now every user can be limited by the posting rate, including the new registered users. The rate limit can automatically decrease, so the administrator can check the user behavior before the bot or the user can do big damage.

#16235 (ツ) Seafar
Created 20.02.2022, read: 2502 times
#16236 (ツ) Seafar
Created 20.02.2022, read: 2502 times
Seafar

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) My link

This forum contains 16023 posts in 251 threads.

We have 349 registered users.

The latest registered user is: Seafar

In the last 24h there was 366 visitors on the forum.

#16237 (ツ) Jeff
Created 23.02.2022, read: 2480 times

@ganuonglachanh ,I have some ideas on spam solutions, but i need to talk to a developer to implement them. You available to talk? send me a limited message...

#16240 (ツ) ganuonglachanh
Created 02.03.2022, read: 2434 times

Hi Jeff You can post in new thread and we’ll have some discussions, and some solutions are being implemented in DEV trunk

How to delete 1 thread and all of it posts?

AsmBB v3.0 (check-in: a316dab8b98d07d9); SQLite v3.42.0 (check-in: 831d0fb2836b71c9);
©2016..2023 John Found; Licensed under EUPL. Powered by Assembly language Created with Fresh IDE