AsmBB

Power
Login Register

How to delete 1 thread and all of it posts?

#16102 (ツ) ganuonglachanh
Created 07.04.2020, read: 626 times

I can't delete a thread and all it's post? :-P Did I miss something?

#16103 (ツ) johnfound
Last edited: 08.04.2020 by johnfound, read: 620 times
ganuonglachanh

I can't delete a thread and all it's post? :-P Did I miss something?

Well, you can delete a thread, but this is kind of risky operation, because there is no such operation in the UI. And this was made on purpose. Because one of the main ideas in AsmBB is to limit the power of the administrators and moderators and give the visitors some more freedom to self-organize.

Of course the administrator can do everything with the database, but my intention was to make some things not so easy.

So, you can delete a thread and all it's posts only from the SQLite console:

delete from threads where id = %THREADID%;

Or respectively:

delete from threads where slug = "%VERY_BAD_THREAD_SLUG%";

But, well, deleting from the database is kind of risky operation. Are you ready to delete all your database by typing one wrong word? ;-)

#16104 (ツ) ganuonglachanh
Last edited: 08.04.2020 by johnfound, read: 613 times
johnfound

Well, you can delete a thread, but this is kind of risky operation, because there is no such operation in the UI. And this was made on purpose. Because one of the main ideas in AsmBB is to limit the power of the administrators and moderators and give the visitors some more freedom to self-organize.

Of course the administrator can do everything with the database, but my intention was to make some things not so easy.

So, you can delete a thread and all it's posts only from the SQLite console:

delete from threads where id = %THREADID%;

Or respectively:

delete from threads where slug = "%VERY_BAD_THREAD_SLUG%";

But, well, deleting from the database is kind of risky operation. Are you ready to delete all your database by typing one wrong word? ;-)

Thank you johnfound, I'm looking for a quick way to clean my test Database. In production, we need to do it more and more carefully rofl

AsmBB v2.9 (check-in: 6d407831308ba556); SQLite v3.31.1 (check-in: 3bfa9cc97da10598);
©2016..2020 John Found; Licensed under EUPL. Powered by Assembly language Created with Fresh IDE