▄▄             ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ Power
█  █ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ █  █ █  █
█▄▄█ █▄▄▄ █ █ █ █▀▀▄ █▀▀▄
█  █ ▄▄▄█ █ █ █ █▄▄▀ █▄▄▀

Login
Register
/ ad amd64 api asm asmbb best bugs chat common debian deck design dll docker email embed fast feature files fossil fresh.ide friendly gamedev heap help hiawatha incredible interop learning libfresh limit links linux meme meta.http-equiv money mysql neo nginx numbers orly os outage pass password programmers programming proile resources safety script.alert.xss secret seo skins sodom source sourcecode subforum support tags test type work xss игнат котики парола русский тест уеб.програмиране хабр.наполеон
Categories Thread list

Mysql support?

Hi, I came here from flarum forum.

Can you provide support for mysql Database?

Thank you!

ganuonglachanh

Thank you!

Well, no, it is not even planned.

And why? MySQL is a client-server database, that need to be specially installed and managed.

SQLite on the other hand is small, fast, does not need any installation procedures and will work on shared hosting without request and bandwidth limits.

johnfound
ganuonglachanh

Thank you!

Well, no, it is not even planned.

And why? MySQL is a client-server database, that need to be specially installed and managed.

SQLite on the other hand is small, fast, does not need any installation procedures and will work on shared hosting without request and bandwidth limits.

Thanks for the reply, I still concern about whether Asmbb can handle multi user with Sqlite, multi read and write to the same file cause performance issues.

Any benchmark that ASMBB can handle 10k users at the same time with read and write post?

Thanks!

ganuonglachanh

Any benchmark that ASMBB can handle 10k users at the same time with read and write post?

There is no benchmark, but with the appropriate hardware it is probably possible. Notice, that SQLite performance is often underestimated. In WAL mode and after some synchronization options switched off (because not needed when working on a web server) it performs pretty quick.

Although I can hardly imagine web forum with 10K users posting simultaneously. At least they need first to read the previous post in order to answer. Such posts will be one big mess and pretty hard for following and reading, so most of the users will leave such a forum.

johnfound
ganuonglachanh

There is no benchmark, but with the appropriate hardware it is probably possible. Notice, that SQLite performance is often underestimated. In WAL mode and after some synchronization options switched off (because not needed when working on a web server) it performs pretty quick.

Although I can hardly imagine web forum with 10K users posting simultaneously. At least they need first to read the previous post in order to answer. Such posts will be one big mess and pretty hard for following and reading, so most of the users will leave such a forum.

Thanks for the Sqlite tips, my current forum have 20 GB data in mysql, will try to convert to ASMBB to test ?rofl

ganuonglachanh

Thanks for the Sqlite tips, my current forum have 20 GB data in mysql, will try to convert to ASMBB to test ?rofl

This would be a really great contribution for the project, especially if you share the conversion scripts!

The AsmBB database structure is here: source/create.sql and don't hesitate to ask, if something is not clear enough.

Categories Thread list

Mysql support?

AsmBB v2.4 (check-in: 7bb3292ed42db7ca); SQLite v3.25.3 (check-in: 89e099fbe5e13c33);

©2016..2018 John Found; Licensed under EUPL.