Hi. Recently I noticed, that some visitors try to register accounts using not existing emails.
In order to evaluate AsmBB functionality, it is better to have registered account, because most of the forum features are accessible only for logged in users.
So, I wrote this post in order to provide the visitors with some information about email handling in AsmBB and some workaround for the users that want to test the engine but don't want to share their email addresses.
Email handling rules.
Here are the rules about emails, that AsmBB uses in order to not spam its users:
1. There are 2 cases AsmBB sends emails: For account activation and when the user changes his email address.
2. All emails are sent only once. If for some reason the email can't be send, no other attempt will be made.
3. The emails are private information and will not be displayed anywhere in AsmBB pages or shared with third parties. (So, I will not sell the users email addresses to the spammers!)
Registration without email
But if you want to register account without having your email in the database, it is possible and there are 2 variants:
1 Use disposable email address
So, simply use such address and forget about it after the account activation.
2 Manual account activation (slow)
This procedure is the only option if you used valid email, but the forum mail server can't send the notification email because of some technical reasons - for example spam filters, bad routers, etc.
1. Register the forum account using some invalid email address.
2. Send an email to the admin on admin at board dot asm32 dot info with free text request for account activation. Don't forget to mention the username or the fake email you used during registration.
3. When I am online and read your email (sometimes after few days) I will activate your forum account and will send notification email back.
This way you will be able to evaluate AsmBB functionality (which is much higher for the logged in users) without need to share your priceless email.