AsmBB

Power
Login Register

Can search other thing except text and user ?

#16320 (ツ) WayLuk
Last edited: 12.04.2023 by WayLuk, read: 789 times

Can search other thing except 'text search' and 'user search' ? If it do, did I need to edit the assembly code or just add new field input in the template ? I want to add some search for different type of user, like if I want to search those user which have a tag of 'female' or 'superstar', can I add some field to search or filter to get those users list as result ?

#16321 (ツ) johnfound
Created 05.04.2023, read: 781 times
WayLuk

Can search other thing except 'text search' and 'user search' ? If it do, did I need to edit the assembly code or just add new field input in the template ?

The search engine searches only text in the posts content and threads caption. The "user" field simply filters the results only for the given user. (if the "text search" field is empty, the search engine searches for any posts of the user)

Also, if you are inside a thread, the search is limited inside this thread. The same if you have a tag selected - the search will be only in the threads in this tag.

What you actually need to search besides the text?

#16322 (ツ) johnfound
Created 13.04.2023, read: 749 times
WayLuk

Can search other thing except 'text search' and 'user search' ? If it do, did I need to edit the assembly code or just add new field input in the template ? I want to add some search for different type of user, like if I want to search those user which have a tag of 'female' or 'superstar', can I add some field to search or filter to get those users list as result ?

Well, you obviously want to search in the user list, not in the forum content. Such search is not actually implemented. There is only a list of the users that can be sorted by some user attribute.

So, in order to search for user attributes, such as "sex", "status", "anything", etc. you need first to include these attributes in the database, in the table "users", or another special table, linked to the table "users". Also, editing of these attributes should be provided in the userinfo.asm file.

Then, relatively simple solution will be to modify the !users list page and add your attributes into the queries and sort orders. Additionally, there can be added a search input field working together with the list function.

The code of the !users implementation is in the file: userslist.asm.

Can search other thing except text and user ?

AsmBB v3.0 (check-in: a316dab8b98d07d9); SQLite v3.42.0 (check-in: 831d0fb2836b71c9);
©2016..2023 John Found; Licensed under EUPL. Powered by Assembly language Created with Fresh IDE