▄▄             ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ Power
█  █ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ █  █ █  █
█▄▄█ █▄▄▄ █ █ █ █▀▀▄ █▀▀▄
█  █ ▄▄▄█ █ █ █ █▄▄▀ █▄▄▀

Login
Register
/ aa about.it ad amd64 and.who api asm asmbb asmbb.features authentication bbcode best bugs bulma cares chat common debian decentralization deck design dll docker email embed fast feature files fossil fresh.ide friendly gamedev heap help hiawatha high.cpu i18n ideas incredible interop learning libfresh limit links linux mailing.list meme meta.http-equiv minimag money mysql neo nginx numbers orly os outage pass password post-by-email programmers programming proile read-by-email resources safety script.alert.xss secret seo skins sodom source sourcecode stress.test subdirectory subforum suggestion support tags templates test test123 theme type very.ugly video work xss игнат котики парола русский тест уеб.програмиране хабр.наполеон
Categories Threads

Asmbb engine high CPU usage with stress test RSS

Hi johnfound,

I'm just doing the stress test in my localhost setup with webslap, with *rwasa* server. The setting is n=10000, c=5000 (I know it is very high, but it's stress TEST anyway rofl ). Noted that the Test passed with n=10000 and c=1000, system load average is 1.1 ;-)

The engine is using high CPU, that normal but ALL connections were failed later, try accessing URL via browser take forever. Even when I stop the rwasa, the engine still loading with high CPU usage (will many threads/instances created - I can see them in htop command).

Is this a potential bugs? Why would the server is stop but the engine still running with high CPU usage for a very long time (hours). Eventually I must kill all engine processes to stop them :'-(

ganuonglachanh

Hi johnfound,

I'm just doing the stress test in my localhost setup with webslap, with *rwasa* server. The setting is n=10000, c=5000 (I know it is very high, but it's stress TEST anyway rofl ). Noted that the Test passed with n=10000 and c=1000, system load average is 1.1 ;-)

The engine is using high CPU, that normal but ALL connections were failed later, try accessing URL via browser take forever. Even when I stop the rwasa, the engine still loading with high CPU usage (will many threads/instances created - I can see them in htop command).

Is this a potential bugs? Why would the server is stop but the engine still running with high CPU usage for a very long time (hours). Eventually I must kill all engine processes to stop them :'-(

Well, I don't know actually what happened. Need to make some tests on my side. But as a first guess it is something related to the SQLite, simultaneous connections and the memory use. As long as almost every request to the engine writes to the database and with SQLite only one writer to the database is possible, the all 5000 connections allocate the needed memory and then wait in the queue for writing.

Of course, such hangs are not normal. I will try to diagnose and fix the problem ASAP.

Can you give some details about your hardware and experimental setting?

johnfound

Well, I don't know actually what happened. Need to make some tests on my side. But as a first guess it is something related to the SQLite, simultaneous connections and the memory use. As long as almost every request to the engine writes to the database and with SQLite only one writer to the database is possible, the all 5000 connections allocate the needed memory and then wait in the queue for writing.

Of course, such hangs are not normal. I will try to diagnose and fix the problem ASAP.

Can you give some details about your hardware and experimental setting?

Thank you, my local setup is a laptop with Core i5 5300U, RAM 4GB, SSD 120GB, running ubuntu, performance is monitored by htop command. rwasa and webslap use 1 cpu setting, asmbb tested with default database with 1 user and 1 post, URL is the url of the post.

Hi johnfound

Did you find something new? :-D

ganuonglachanh

Hi johnfound

Did you find something new? :-D

Unfortunately no, so far. But I am working on it.

AsmBB v2.7 (check-in: b1b34acbf71dada0); SQLite v3.29.0 (check-in: fc82b73eaac8b369);

©2016..2018 John Found; Licensed under EUPL.