AsmBB

Power
Login Register

Problem with the new registrations

#15145 (ツ) johnfound
Created 13.07.2016, read: 4328 times

Recently I noticed that some activation emails are not received by the recipients. Especially on gmail and some other servers.

I am working on the problem, but until we have solution, I will manually activate the accounts not activated for some time. Please, if you didn't receive activation email, try to login one day later.

Email me if you have some questions: johnfound at asm32 dot info

The problem will be fixed as soon as possible.

#15146 (ツ) johnfound
Created 14.07.2016, read: 4315 times

The problem was some wrong SMTP server settings. After my contact with the hosting provider, it seems to be fixed now. At least, my tests indicates that the notification emails are received properly.

But still, if someone has problems with the registration emails, contact me on the above email.

#15948 (ツ) nasimnzp
Created 26.08.2019, read: 2572 times
#16002 (ツ) ganuonglachanh
Created 04.02.2020, read: 2271 times

Hi johnfound

I have issue with new registrations via email with asmbb site. New user doesn't receive activation email. I'm running Centos 7, do I need to open port 25, installl sendmail package or something else? How do I debug this?

Thanks and best regards!

#16003 (ツ) johnfound
Created 04.02.2020, read: 2269 times
ganuonglachanh

Hi johnfound

I have issue with new registrations via email with asmbb site. New user doesn't receive activation email. I'm running Centos 7, do I need to open port 25, installl sendmail package or something else? How do I debug this?

Thanks and best regards!

There are two ways for sending emails in AsmBB. Both are configurable from the forum settings, the tab "Server".

1. If you have working SMTP server and account, simply fill the server domain and port there.

2. If not, AsmBB can use any external program for sending emails. Install sSMTP or Msmtp, and fill up the command with the related command line options in the field "Pipe the emails through" Leave the fields for the SMTP server/port empty in this case.

Problem with the new registrations

AsmBB v3.0 (check-in: a316dab8b98d07d9); SQLite v3.42.0 (check-in: 831d0fb2836b71c9);
©2016..2023 John Found; Licensed under EUPL. Powered by Assembly language Created with Fresh IDE