AsmBB

Power
Login Register

cache issue: reloading with systemctl doesn't recharge the new css files

#16288 (ツ) sentinel166
Last edited: 04.10.2022 by sentinel166, read: 1286 times

Hi, I just started using asmbb for my website, weirded out to the extreme that an assembly-coded "big" program could work not only fine but outright outperform anything else. Although it mostly speaks for the authors' impresive skill, and the awfuly bloated mess that all programs whatsoever have become today.

Anyway, I have an issue. Having to restart the engine with systemctl everytime I modify the css is no big deal, and it did work a few times two days ago when I tried my end, then it stopped. Now, I can even erase the css entirely, it doesn't show shit, still the same MoLight or whatever I choose, the change don't show.

Since there are those weird links shenanigans I can't really copy cut the theme folders from a fresh install, can I ? Or maybe it's a cache issue ? It looks like it !

I have the latest version, and

Linux dr-80qr 5.19.12-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed, 28 Sep 2022 13:21:25 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux. And I nginx too.

server {
			  listen 90;
			  listen [::]:90;
			  root /home/drm/WEBSITE/public/asmbb;
			  server_name localhost;
	  	  	location / {
		   	 	fastcgi_pass unix:/home/drm/WEBSITE/public/asmbb/engine.sock;  
		   		 include fastcgi_params;
		}

With asmbb being a symbolic link to the real folder above in WEBSITE.

Thanks, Mehdi Awesome work

#16289 (ツ) luhf
Created 16.10.2022, read: 1212 times
sentinel166

Hi, I just started using asmbb for my website, weirded out to the extreme that an assembly-coded "big" program could work not only fine but outright outperform anything else. Although it mostly speaks for the authors' impresive skill, and the awfuly bloated mess that all programs whatsoever have become today.

Anyway, I have an issue. Having to restart the engine with systemctl everytime I modify the css is no big deal, and it did work a few times two days ago when I tried my end, then it stopped. Now, I can even erase the css entirely, it doesn't show shit, still the same MoLight or whatever I choose, the change don't show.

Since there are those weird links shenanigans I can't really copy cut the theme folders from a fresh install, can I ? Or maybe it's a cache issue ? It looks like it !

I have the latest version, and

Linux dr-80qr 5.19.12-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed, 28 Sep 2022 13:21:25 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux. And I nginx too.

server {
			  listen 90;
			  listen [::]:90;
			  root /home/drm/WEBSITE/public/asmbb;
			  server_name localhost;
	  	  	location / {
		   	 	fastcgi_pass unix:/home/drm/WEBSITE/public/asmbb/engine.sock;  
		   		 include fastcgi_params;
		}

With asmbb being a symbolic link to the real folder above in WEBSITE.

Thanks, Mehdi Awesome work

Have you tried to Shift-F5 (refresh without cache)? I run a similare setup and did not encounter the issue.

cache issue: reloading with systemctl doesn't recharge the new css files

AsmBB v3.0 (check-in: a316dab8b98d07d9); SQLite v3.42.0 (check-in: 831d0fb2836b71c9);
©2016..2023 John Found; Licensed under EUPL. Powered by Assembly language Created with Fresh IDE